Nattarat is a Partner in the General Corporate Commercial Practice of R&T Asia (Thailand) Limited.
Nattarat graduated with a Bachelor of Law from Thammasat University in 1995 and Master of Law from Washington College of Law, American University, in 2001. Nattarat is a licensed Thai lawyer.
Nattarat is fluent in Thai and English.
Nattarat has more than 15 years of experience specialising in foreign direct investment and general corporate commercial matters for foreign companies in Thailand and businesses wishing to invest in Thailand.
His experience includes representing clients in the automotive, hospitality and financial services sector, as well as industrial manufacturing, chemical, electronic, food and beverage, agriculture products and construction businesses. Nattarat also has substantial experience in contacting and liaising with government authorities and working with litigation lawyers in civil and commercial matters.
Some of his notable cases & transactions are:
- Advising on structuring and negotiating international transactions as well as obtaining Board of Investment promotion and foreign business licenses for foreign companies doing business in Thailand.
- Preparing, negotiating and implementing numerous projects in the region, including property acquisitions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Establishing branch offices, representative offices and regional operating headquarters in Thailand.
- Liaising with various Thai administrative agencies, including the Ministry of Commerce, the Land Department, the Board of Investment, the Immigration Bureau, the Labour Department, One Stop Service, the Revenue Department, the Industrial Estate Authority, and the Customs Department.
- Advising on the restrictions on foreign business participation in Thailand, employment and tax matters, work permit and visa issues, all with specific reference to foreign direct investment into Thailand.
- Advising on corporate and joint venture structures for clients in various manufacturing businesses (e.g., manufacturers of automotive parts and tyres, hand dryers and hot water machines, washing machines, chemicals for textiles, and compressors).
- Conducting a legal due diligence and providing legal advice relating to property acquisitions (freehold and leasehold).
- Conducting a legal due diligence and providing legal advice for the acquisition of the nutrition department of one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Thailand.
- Conducting a legal due diligence and providing legal advice for the acquisition of one of the Thai software developer company.
- Conducting a legal due diligence and assisting an Italian company in acquiring assets of Thai pharmaceutical company.
- Representing a German chemical company to acquire the shares in a Thai chemical manufacturing company.
- Representing a US company to acquire the shares in a Thai plastic container manufacturing company.
- Advising on family law and succession matters.
- Advising on applications for company registration, Value Added Tax (VAT) and Specific Business Tax (SBT) registration.
- Advising on the application of work permits and long-term visas for foreigners and their families.
- Advising in relation to the establishment of a brewery.
Memberships / Directorships
- Extraordinary Member of Thai Bar Association